0 miles from Lake Granby
Mountain life meets high-end, cozy comfort at Lakeview Haven, a Scandinavian Modern styled retreat overlooking Colorado’s Lake Granby, with gorgeous 180-degree views of the lake and mountain peaks from its large deck.
We've taken a Mid Century house and kept many of its charming vintage interior features, but added a lovingly curated look that mixes retro, Scandinavian hygge, and modern comfort and functionality. After many years of our own travel and staying in vacation rentals, we've made sure that the look, comfort, touches and supplies that are important to us are reflected in what we offer to you. Our house is perfect for a romantic getaway; a couples retreat; or a friends, family or sports vacation.
Lakeview Haven currently offers 2 bedrooms and 3 baths (two of them are three-quarter baths), but soon will offer 3 bedrooms as we finish the remodel process. We have laundry machines, and feature ample parking, permitted for 4 vehicles and with room for a trailer(s). The house can be accessed from two roads, the upper road providing easier entry in the winter and pull-through access with the toy hauler.
The Location and Activities:
* 2 blocks from Lake Granby and Beacon Landing Marina. Lake Granby is the second-largest body of water in Colorado and offers a plethora of winter and summer fishing and other water-sports opportunities, and gorgeous scenery – it’s encircled by several mountain ranges;
* 3 blocks from the start of the Granby Pump Canal, which feeds into Shadow Mountain Lake. It’s a great spot for fishing, as well as for taking an easy walk or a scenic run;
* It’s near 130 miles of groomed trails for snowmobiling and off-roading within Arapaho National Forest;
* 5 miles from Grand Lake and Grand Lake Village (quaint town, restaurants, shopping, more lake activities);
* 5.5 miles from the West entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park;
* 7 miles from Grand Lake Golf Course and Grand Lake Nordic Center (cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, sledding, tubing);
* 10 miles from the town of Granby (main street, bigger stores, large grocery store, more restaurants, hospital and such);
* 15 miles from Ski Granby Ranch (downhill skiing, a smaller resort particularly great for families with young children);
* 19 miles from YMCA Snow Mountain Ranch (summer activities and event location, and cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, fatbiking, sledding, tubing etc.;
* 20 miles from Hot Sulphur Springs Resort & Spa (natural hot mineral springs);
* 26 miles from Devil’s Thumb Resort & Spa (high-end restaurants, spa, cross-country skiing); and
* 30 miles from Winter Park (downhill skiing and resort town, restaurant-rich).
We are certainly a retreat, an escape, a place to unwind, a place to reconnect with yourself, each other and nature. But we are also at the epicenter of endless opportunities for both summer and winter activities, including all types of fishing; boating, sailing, kayaking, canoeing, and stand-up paddle (SUP); hiking, mountain-biking, and trail-running; ATV, side-by-side and motorcycle trail-riding; river-rafting; snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, snow-shoeing, fatbiking (mountain-biking on snow trails), and down-hill skiing; hot springs luxuriating; spa-partaking; rodeo-watching; shopping; and picnicking and eating -- with several nearby towns to choose from.
The Details of Lakeview Haven:
* Enjoy new beds and mattresses, high-end sheets and towels, and a multitude of choices in pillows for excellent rest.
* Relax outside on our large deck, watching the boats on the water in the summer, the sun beaming across the endless ice in the winter, and the weather as it changes over the peaks in several directions. With our view, cloudless bluebird days and stormy afternoons are equally enrapturing. Keep an eye out for fox, moose, elk, deer, hummingbirds and a multitude of other birds. We see them all in the neighborhood, seasonally.
* The views don't stop with the deck. We've set up the inside to take best advantage of the views, as well, with cozy perches and the dining table near windows, and a kitchen island set up so you can look out at the lake and mountains while preparing meals. The master bedroom also features an excellent lake and mountain view.
* We've made a great effort to ensure the kitchen is well-supplied both in terms of pots and pans, dishes, appliances and cooking utensils, but also with necessary basics like coffee filters, lots of spices, oils, vinegars, soy sauce, hot sauce, and ketchup and mustard. There is usually plenty of pancake syrup, as well. For the coming seasons, we've added a Fall/Winter beverage shelf featuring hot chocolate & marshmallows, teas and coffees. ... We don't like showing up to rentals where nothing is supplied, so you won't find that the case here. The only thing missing in the kitchen is a dishwasher, but that's coming soon; we're still working it into the fantastic retro-Sixties lower cabinetry. We do have a propane grill right outside the kitchen door.
* In the Great Room you'll find an inviting living and dining area that represents a mix of Mid Century Modern and Scandinavian Modern furniture, hand-picked design elements and art, a wood-burning fireplace with supplied wood and kindling, Wi-Fi, a high definition TV with surround-sound system, a modern turntable with vintage records allowing you to have an analog Sixties experience through a modern entertainment system, and a large DVD collection.
* The art in the house celebrates the history of Grand County, Rocky Mountain National Park, the allure of Colorado outdoors, and our Scandinavian heritage. We offer a small curated library of regional books for your reference; take-one-leave-one novels; and games and toys (in the hall closet). And our custom wall map shows the boat launches, local trails and provides the names for local features you'll view from the house.
It would be our honor to host you at Lakeview Haven.